- Have Any Questions?
- Phone: 956-487-2709
Develop a fund that would provide funding for the SCIF for these efforts, as well as public outreach, education, and recruitment.
The world faces increasing environmental pressures, including rising air and water pollution, climate change, biodiversity loss and waste generation. Numerous policies and initiatives have emerged at the international level to respond to these challenges, but more must be done to ensure a rapid green transition and a cleaner global environment. These changes will need to happen in a context of other major structural transformations, including economic convergence between developed and developing countries, rising urbanization, and the diffusion of automation and digitalization.
Innovation – the creation and diffusion of new ideas – is at the heart of the transition to a cleaner global environment. This includes not only technological innovation, but also innovation in economic and social systems and in lifestyles. Innovation is the main source of modern economic growth, which implies that the green transition is very compatible with long-term econonomic growth.
SPECIFIC ACTION STEPS
- Develop a recruitment plan for emerging industries.
- SCIF will identify and attend two trade shows per year.
- Develop innovative incentive packets from regional and municipal entities that include corporate social responsibility components into mutually beneficial agreements.
- Identify strategic and specific target areas in the region that require the “porciones” issue resolved so that these areas can be available for development.
- Expand capacity for transmission of energy into the grid. 6. Create a public outreach campaign.
- Develop a fund that would provide funding for the SCIF for these efforts, as well as public outreach, education, and recruitment
- Incorporate information about the emerging industries efforts into the SCIF website, including testimonials from existing partners and land availability
PEOPLE/AGENCIES WHO CAN PROVIDE SUPPORT
- Industry stakeholders • Workforce Solutions
- STC & UTRGV
- Taxing entities